Guidance Counselor: Angelo DiBartolo
Email | 399-5611 Ext. 5438
Our school counseling program collaborates with families, faculty and community to provide all students the opportunity to become effective learners, achieve academic success and develop safe, healthy, and productive lifestyles. The goal of our program is to help promote personal, social and academic development. If you feel our Guidance Department can help you and your child, please feel free to call.
A day in the life of a middle school counselor:
- Meeting with teachers and students regarding the academic and social/emotional concerns of students.
- Meetings, e-mails and phone calls with parents.
- Facilitate meetings between students, parents and teachers, which at times require conflict mediation.
- Confliction mediation between students.
- Working with students on attendance and discipline issues.
- Collaborate with administration and other pupil personnel professionals to provide a supportive environment for the students.
- Help coordinate private and peer tutoring for students in need.
- Contact and collaboration with outside mental health practitioners.
- Help monitor student progress above and beyond the progress and quarterly report cards.
- Anti-Bullying Specialist and member of the School Safety Team
- Coordinator of the Intervention & referral Servise Team
- Develop student activities to cultivate a positive academic and social environment.
- Being a good listener to students who are having a difficult time in school or at home
Additional Helpful Resources:
Helping Our Kids with Trauma or Loss
Helping Children Cope
Age-Related Reactions to a Traumatic Event
Helping Children Following School Violence